Tuesday 10 July 2012

Holding my hands up...

Lovely course here last Monday, sadly two people had to cancel the day before so we were a small group but had a wonderful day - in the rain of course! Two ladies had come all the way over from farms in Suffolk and I have a feeling we will be seeing their business growing, and fast, very soon, one grower and one florist and good land and infrastructure, sounded very exciting. Watch out for new flower businesses near Bury St Edmunds.

And yesterday was another course day which I sadly had to cancel for family reasons. I thought I had told all six participants. But I hadn't. Sarah Davis turned up here and there was no one here, Marie Celeste. I got back this morning and have discovered my error - bizarrely, of six bookings, there was Sara Davies, Sarah Davey and Sarah Davis. And Ms Davis did not get notified because I assumed somewhere down the line she was Ms Davies. I am mortified and hope I can perhaps at least provide here with some flowers for her wedding as recompense.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlie,
    I love reading your blog when I have time to dip in and out.I am a seasonal cut flower grower in Suffolk not far from Bury St Edmunds so reading your blog is reassuring, knowing there is a like minded soul out there. I have been running the business for two years and it's great to know similar businesses might be popping up nearby. If any of your followers or indeed you are interested, take a look at my website and blog on www.foragefor.co.uk and any ladies on your course from Suffolk could always contact me to share experiences in this rewarding yet difficult field.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'll flag you up for them. I hope your year is going well, weather has been rather thought provoking here!

      Delete