Saturday 1 May 2010

size just might matter

For the person who left a very chatty message but no return number: Yes I do have more than 2 acres in intensive cultivation, don't know quite how much as I'm very bad at judging but the whole field is 5.6 acres and there's more than a third of that growing weeds among more salubrious offerings, plus at least three quarters of an acre in other bits. 

And yes it is a lot and no it is not very tidy.

But yes I do love it because it means I can be outside nearly all the time and really rather grubby and probably become at least as feral in my fifties as I was when growing up as a country tomboy ....! 

And it is all worthwhile when (as today) someone phones up after receiving a bouquet with a lovely generous message and they love my flowers too. Because that is what it is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment