Friday 19 October 2012

Last wedding of the season

This year I decided not to take wedding bookings after mid October, as I know from experience that it can get difficult to pick later, even though we have lots of flowers, as I don't grow late things in the tunnel, they are all outside, and there comes a time when we need to knuckle down to Autumn clearing and dividing and bulb planting and suchlike and get out of the studio into the mud. So yesterday was the last booking, the next wedding to decorate will be my son and Daisy's on December 1st.

Silke was looking for reds and pinks and slightly faded vintagey colours with roses in the mix if possible. It was really fun to do and I'm looking forward to some pictures as they looked just right against the rather opulent reds of the venue. For now, a taster of the preparation in a rather damp flower shed!






And tomorrow I was having a bit of help digging up some of the hardy perennials but as there is no confirmation yet about moving I'm having to put a hold on it. All very nerve wracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment