Tuesday 23 October 2012

Plants on the move

A van load of peonies went off down the motorway yesterday, and all are now rehomed. My mother always said peonies wouldn't grow in her garden but I hope she's wrong........ Her wonderful George Dare, who has done her grass and hedges one day a week for over 20 years is helping me that end, digging me more beds in the garden, the rest will have to wait. I suddenly panicked about spaces and the amount of plants I have to move. He laughed when I told him I had three acres worth to fit into a few herbaceous beds...... I do have a plan! But it is too wet to cultivate the adjacent field now so plants are going to be crated up for the winter I think. It is all interesting.

Fingers crossed that my house buyer has fallen back in love with my cottage and land again. I would like to exchange in the next few days as I need a month between exchange and moving to sort out the plant digging.

No comments:

Post a Comment